Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Capstone Ideas


Idea #1: Create my own "pretend" company that displays women's apparel. It would deal with some type of sport. My top three picks as of right now are dance, volleyball, or surf. I want the company to represent women who have confidence in themselves and see themselves as naturally beautiful beings. After the company is made up and everything is decided upon, I would create a logo and also do all the marketing matters that would be needed for a real company. I would also create the clothing flats and come up with all the graphics for tees.

Idea #2: Create a website that would display a wedding company. I would take photographs of a couple and make a gallery for them on the website. This company would be capable of everything that someone needed on their wedding day. Creating invitations, taking engagement pictures, center pieces for the tables at the reception, video of the special day…etc. All of these things would be shown on the website in order for people to understand what all the company is capable of doing.

Idea #3: My third idea isn’t as developed as the others, but it would have something to do with video and/or animation. I would like to create some sort of film, but need it to be more exciting than just that. It would need to be able to impress people with more than just simply watching a film.

Inspiration: For my first idea, my inspiration comes from a clothing company called Roxy. It is also inspired by my internship from this past summer with Bullet Boutfits. My second idea is inspired by a wedding photography couple named bobbi+mike. Their photos are the most amazing ones I’ve seen! The third idea is motivated by my boyfriend. He is attending Full Sail University and studying film. Ever since he’s been taking classes there, I have found myself very interested in the work he does with motion pictures.

20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharayah Sanders

    I think if you're wanting to make a website and you're wanting it to be about weddings, maybe focus more on videography for weddings or photography for weddings. And then maybe make galleries for photographers or videographers. I'm assuming you're in the "web track" so you could probably work on coding something that could be pretty unique and different what's already out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lloyd Roberson

    You should try to study websites from sportswear companies like Nike or Lady Foot Locker for your first idea. There aren't many female-oriented companies for apparel, so I think that this is a good idea.

    As for wedding photos, try looking at Dara's Garden for inspiration. I found this site by doing one of Mr. Steven Mannheimer's assignments, and since you mentioned wedding photos, that site came to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason Utt
    Need a web developer? Im available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Philip Langhammer

    I like idea 2 best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your first idea (especially the surf part. big fan) I think that you should combine all of your ideas into the first one as a gigantic marketing project. Work on the print aspect of the company with logos and graphics for clothing, then produce a website for the company that displays the shop and maybe to a mockup online store for your products. Then throw some video into it making a short teaser or commercial for your company. you could do this real life or animation with the graphics that you create for your products.

    ReplyDelete