Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fear Part 1

I think the number one thing that makes me fearful is not being able to make someone happy. In my head I tell myself over and over again that, "I don't care what others think of me. I don't care if that person doesn't like me." but in reality I know it's just a cover-up to try and make myself appear more powerful. I will admit that it does work sometimes when I'm in public, but at the end of the day I am sitting at home wondering whether or not "that person" likes me or thinks I'm cool. If I can't make everyone happy/like me, I feel like a failure...even though I know this is hardly possible.
This fear keeps me from being confident and in control of myself because I am always trying to please other people. It also keeps me from expressing myself and showing others who I really am. I have always been told that I am a very hard person "to get to know". This affects my life when it comes to making friends and also affects my creativity as an artist. I really hope that one day I will be able to completely break out of my shell...even to strangers.
So for me, fear is something in my life that keeps me from being able to fully express myself as an individual being.

I think my classmates might think I'm a little weird after I show them what I have made for this fear assignment. I don't think I will get much of a reaction...maybe some blank stares or a couple of head nods. I doubt anyone will even have a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment