Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CLASS 2-20-12

Soooo....I definitely forgot about writing this blog after class, but I will still write it anyway. What stood out to me in class was when Beth showed us the cool rocks she had found. At first they didn't seem like much, just another everyday rock. But the second that she turned on the lights that made the minerals on the rocks glow, I was surprised by how beautiful they were. They were all so different too. It got me thinking about underlying beauty of all the nature we pass by every day without acknowledging it. Everyone is always so worried about the hustle and bustle of their tightly knit schedules that must be followed and we sometimes forget to "stop and smell the roses."
As far as this helping me better understand my take on the creative process, it made me realize that even though something might seem uninteresting at first, it is most definitely interesting once you analyze it more and give it a second chance. I believe that everything in the world can have a creative interest to it if you just dig deeper. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember that and I get very discouraged at times when doing projects. Maybe now, when I feel that way, I can think back to the underlying beauty of the rocks I once saw in my Seeing Sidways class. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment